In 2005, watch industry veteran George Fox left the corporate world of watch manufacturing to follow two of his greatest passions:
- Creating high-quality watches without compromising great design for the bottom line
- Doing some good in the world
Crate Club partnered with NFW because of their like minded views, and to make a watch for the sophisticated and the tactical.
- CASE: The Crate Club watch uses NFW’s Valor case design (42mm), which is forged from the very best 316L surgical/marine-grade stainless steel. The bezel is raised in order to provide protection for the crystal when wearing the watch in active, rough situations.
- WATER RESISTANCE: 100 Meters/330 Feet
- CASEBACK: 316L stainless steel, screw-in, with customized engraved graphics.
- CRYSTAL: Hardened mineral glass (heat-tempered to an optimal balance between scratch resistance & impact resistance). Anti-reflective coating on the underside of crystal.
- LUME: Swiss SuperLuminova (multiple layers of C3), on the hour/minute hands and all hour markers.
- MOVEMENT: Citizen precision quartz, with whopping 10-year continuous-run battery life
- STRAP: Black Italian oiled leather, white contrast stitching, with reinforcing rivets at the strap stress area. Custom machined stainless steel buckle with NFW “lay-flat” design so the buckle maintains a low-profile on the wrist.
- BONUS STRAP: Black ballistic nylon Nato strap included for when the watch is to be used in rough, wet, muddy, sweaty conditions. Also included is a steel strap changing tool.